Writing Stevens' History For the Past 100 Years
Student editors, writers and photographers of The Stute have been keeping the Stevens community informed of campus activities and matters important to the student body for more than a century. Founded in 1904 by three students from the class of 1905, Alfred H. Potbury, L. Edwin Waldeck and F. William Hausmann, The Stute became a weekly publication in 1908.
Successive generations of undergraduate students have since carried on the publication’s rich legacy of journalism with passion and zeal. In the process, they have chronicled some of the most notable events in Stevens’ history – military training during two World Wars, President Ronald Reagan’s visit, Hurricane Sandy – as well as daily life on campus. The Stute also played an integral role in creating a beloved feature of Stevens’ identity – Attila (see related story).